Socks for Meals
Introducing Socks for Meals
The Parmar brothers are stepping up their sock game and helping those in need this Holiday Season, one step at a time.
From December 1 to December 31, for every pair of novelty socks sold through their family run business at www.mojja.ca, 3 meals will be donated to Food Banks Canada to support families in need. (Based on Food Banks Canada meal metric $1 = 2 meals.)
Why are we doing this?
After receiving a letter from Food Banks Canada, and hearing stats on the news, we were heartbroken to learn the increased challenges families across Canada are facing with respect to putting food on the table. Here are some distressing stats contained in that letter:
- Between March 2020 and March 2022, 7 million Canadians reported going hungry.
- Almost 1 in 4 Canadians say they eat less than they should because there isn’t enough money for food.
- One third of food bank users are children.
For those of you that know the Parmar brothers really well are very likely aware that we are big foodie people and have a thing for novelty pairs of socks. Additionally, supporting small businesses is near to our hearts. For this reason, we are partnering with our family owned business, moJJa Socks, to launch Socks for Meals.
For this inaugural year, with the purchase of any pair of novelty socks, moJJa Socks will donate 3 meals to Food Banks Canada. Your purchase will support a Canadian, where no one goes hungry.
Here are examples of how you can help us reach our goal of 1500 meals from now until end of year 2022. If you would like to assist in any other means, please get in touch.
- Purchase a pair of novelty socks = 3 meals
- Purchase 6 month socks subscription = 18 meals
- Purchase 12 Days of Socks Holiday Gift box = 36 meals
Dipak, Ketan and Jitesh Parmar